Radiography (X-Ray and Gamma Ray)
- Licensed to conduct industrial radiography by
– United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission
– Illinois Emergency Management Agency
– Department of Nuclear Safety
- Process film on site with mobile darkrooms
- X-ray welds on piping systems, boilers, tanks, and other structures for code compliance
- X-ray pipe tubing, castings, circuit boards, and other manufactured products made of metal for internal profile (pitting, wall thickness or blockage)
- X-ray concrete floor slabs up to 16” thick to locate conduit, tension cables, rebar, etc.
- X-ray to ASME Section V, ASME B31.1 and B31.3, API 1104, MIL-STD-453 and MIL-STD-271, ASTM and others standards.
- Isotopes IR-192 & CO-60
- Straight beam & Angel beam
- Digital thickness measurements on piping systems, boilers, tanks, etc. This can detect Correction/Erosion and aid in determining remaining useful life of the system/unit.
- Flaw detection to test for sub-surface defects in welds on structural components, boilers, tanks, etc. for code compliance
Magnetic Particle Testing
- Surface testing of ferrous metals/ferromagnetic materials for cracks and defects
- Portable DC or AC yokes
- Wet/Dry, Visible/Florescent techniques
Liquid Penetrant Testing (Visible/Florescent)
- Identification of material composition on nonporous surface using X-ray fluorescence (XRF)
- Visible and Florescent (water washable & Post-emulsifiable) are available
- Levels 2,3,and 4 sensitivity
- Welds and Weld overlays: identify cracks, porosity, undercut, overlap, lack of fusion or lack of penetration
- Rolled Products: identifies cracks, seams, laminations ect.
- Castings: porosity, blow holes, shrinkage, cold shuts, hot tears
- Forgings: Reveal cracks, laps or external bursts
- CTS is an American Welding Society Accredited Testing Facility for certifying welders
- Test at your facility or at CTS
- We can provide welding procedures, materials, and qualification papers
- Welder Performance Qualification Tests to ASME, API, AWS, ABS, ARS
- American Welding Society (AWS) Accredited Testing Facility (ATF) for certifying welders
- Procedure Welding and/or Qualification Tests
- Certifications can be hosted at your facility or ours.
- AWS Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI’s) available to provide certification counsel in order to achieve the best results.
- Weld Inspection & Consulting
- 3rd Party Witness
- CTS is partnered with Calumet Welding Center (CWC), a local welding school. This gives customers an unprecedented advantage of working alongside professional trainers and industry experts.
- Custom programs can be created for customers that need welder performance improvements immediately.
- Training hours are flexible and programs work at the pace of each individual.
Classroom instruction is also available to provide comprehensive technical training.